Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thanks to the Grands!

My parents have been such a huge help to Brad and I over the years.  Can not express how grateful for them I am.  They are our #1 source of help at all times with the boys.  Without any complaint they agreed to keep the boys Thursday evening since we had to be at the hospital way before their normal wake up call.  They kept them all day Friday and then when they heard how the recovery was going, they told me they were keeping the boys another night.  That first night was rough and I'm so grateful I wasn't having mommy duties to add to all the other stuff.  And, as always, they spoiled the boys with fun activities.  On Friday, they went bowling for the very first time.  They loved it.  Brady insisted of course on carrying his own ball.  What a sight that must have been.  So precious.  They said Blake was a natural bowler.  Brad's dad loved bowling and played in a league when Brad was growing up, so I'm sure he was looking down on the boys with a big smile.  

Saturday morning they had breakfast at Chick-fil-A and then went to see the new Madagascar movie.  They dropped two very exhausted and happy boys off Saturday afternoon. Well, happy until their over tiredness kicked in and then I had two very cranky boys on my hands! 
Brad's mom and step dad are moving back to Colorado and were driving through on their way so brought us dinner.  A very big help.  And Brad's mom was able to help with bath time so I could help clean Brad up at the same time.  Another big help.  And then brought over breakfast and goodies Sunday morning as well.  It was so appreciated.  Very thankful for the grandparents as always.  And the boys love love love their time with them!  

No comments:

Blog Archive