Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How My Four Year Old Beat Me Up

Ok, seriously not sure what is going on in my world lately.  But I'm pretty much ready for things to just be quiet and NORMAL and HOSPITAL, DOCTOR FREE.  
I was playing Wii sports with Blake this afternoon, our new favorite past time since it is one million degrees outside.  I had told him we were done because we had to drive daddy to physical therapy.  I thought (my mistake) that he actually listened and stopped playing.  I know, you're laughing at me being so naive right??  I bent down in front of where he was on the couch to pick something up off the floor and as my face was lifting up his hand was throwing forward and, WHAM, smacked in the orbital bone with a Wii remote.  Can you say, OUCH??!  Hands immediately cupped to face.  In horrible pain.  Then realized I was gushing blood.  YEA!  We cleaned up, put a bandaid on it and I  drove down the highway to take Brad to rehab, driving with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand holding an ice pack to my face.  Brad, my in house doctor, assured me no stitches, but I could feel the pain and looked at the open wound on my face and decided to consult the trainer at the gym.  He said, "I think that might be a three stitcher."  So, after rehab, I got Brad and the boys settled with food at McDonald's so they could keep occupied on the playground and I went next door to CareNow to get stitched up.  It's not fun until someone gets hurt...or something like that.  I told Brad, we are quite the family.  Walking out of McDonalds, with his giant brace and crutches and me with my bandaged face.  Ridiculous.  So, that my friends is how my four year old totally abused his momma.  
I'm totally accepting wine donations.  


No comments:

Blog Archive