Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Little Dinosaur


This boy makes me want to squeeze him and attack him with kisses all day long.  He has rediscovered this week the dino masks from Blake's party and wears one of the masks pretty much all day.  My little dinosaur.  He insisted on taking it to the pool the other day and wore it while lounging in a chair eating goldfish.  He insisted on wearing it to his doctor appointment yesterday and to gymnastics today.  So silly.  But so adorable.  He's also wearing a sticker on his shirt in these pics.  It says "special" on it.  A sticker that was on on a package of bagels I got from the store.  Couldn't sum up this boy any better.  He is so special to me.  I try so hard to not worry about Brady, but I truly can't help it.  The love you have for your child is like no other and I just want this precious baby to be healthy.  He looks so frail to me in the picture on the left and when I capture glimpses of him sometimes like that it makes my heart ache.  I do feel reassured after his appointment yesterday that he is continuing on the curve.  Of course we all wish he'd grow further on the curve, but I know we have to celebrate the small victories.  This little guy is still sitting at 26 pounds.  But at least he is not regressing backwards.  I know this is a good thing.  He is a little bit taller.  And of course he's still the happiest guy around.  I know I'll feel even more reassured next month when his immunologist plans on re-running a huge blood panel on him.  Well, I won't feel great while they take all that blood from him but hopefully it will calm me further with the results.  The gastro also finally admitted based on a few other "symptoms" with Brady, it might be a good idea to visit with an endocrinologist, something I've really felt we should do for awhile now.  So, more doctor visits, hopefully more reassurances.  But of course I'm still worrying.  Meanwhile, I'm busy squeezing the heck out of this little dinsosaur!

No comments:

Blog Archive