Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Crunchy, munchy, honeycakes

One of many songs that I have been singing this entire weekend. Along with Hot Potato and Dorothy the Dinosaur. The things you do to make your child happy...like while driving all weekend listening to nothing but the Wiggles. I think I may actually enjoy my commute into the office in the morning listening to the RADIO!
Our weekend began with a bit of a hiccup when I picked Blake up from school and his teachers told me Blake was not his normal playful self and had spent much of the day sleeping and occasionally tugging on his right ear. I left praying Blake was just sleepier than normal and nothing more. However, when we got home he felt warm and after the swipe of the thermometer confirmed he was in fact running a fever and deciding it was best to take him to the doctor then instead of the possibility of him getting worse over the weekend, we headed to the doctor. The doctor then confirmed his teacher's suspicion...ear infection. His second one in a month. Let's hope this is not a constant battle we are facing. We started Blake on an antibiotic and has been fever free and Mr. Happy Baby since Friday evening. Whew!
Friday our family was very grateful for the fact that my mom FINALLY came home from her almost 3 week hospital stay. It was a little bitter sweet however, since we were told mom is not doing well. We are all very anxious for her return to the doctor tomorrow to see where her numbers are at and get an idea on her future prognosis. The most exciting part of mom's return home was the ability for her to see Mr. Blake again! We were not allowed to bring Blake to the hospital so my mom was in extreme Blake withdrawals. I think Blake was a great dose of medicine for my mom and just what she needed. I think spending the time together was really just what ALL of us needed.

Mr. Happy Pants...
Photobucket

Blake sleeping in grandma's arms...
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive