Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing

Every day is a fun and new adventure with Blake. Brad and I are filled with endless joy as we watch Blake learn new things and take everything in around him. Its amazing how fast time goes by and how much Blake has grown physically and developmentally in the last 8 1/2 months.
Here are a few stats on Mr. Blake on what he's been learning these days...

- I guess you could say he crawls, but he can't go forward, only backwards. He can turn though and change directions! He has perfected this quite well and always seems to lodge himself under the entertainment center...no matter where he started out!
-He walks while holding onto the ottoman. He'll then turn and take a step towards me while holding onto nothing and then grab a hold of me.
-Started feeding himself Cheerios, instead of me having to feed them to him.
-Now waves his hand...although I don't know if he knows the meaning behind it yet.
-And the most exciting development to me, is Blake now says Mama!!! He had been ALL about Dada for quite some time now and everything was dada this and dada that. But as of Saturday Mama or Mum as he also says, is slowly climbing to the top of his vocabulary! It absolutely warms my heart.

As for all of us, our weekend was pretty low key. Mom was finally released from ICU into a regular room at the end of the week, so Brad and I took Blake up to see his Grandma on Saturday. Blake was so happy to see Grandma and Grandpa and I think it made Grandma's day as well! Here is a pic of Blake so happy to be with Grandma and Grandpa...
Photobucket

Other than our visit at the hospital nothing else exciting filled our weekend. We're looking forward to next weekend to see some of our friends at the annual Super Bowl party we attend.

No comments:

Blog Archive