Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Sadness

It is Sunday evening and the holidays and time off work are ending faster than I care for it to. As I sit here I have a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat. Why? Because tomorrow morning I return to the real world, which involves me sitting behind a desk all day while Mr. Blake is at school. The thought of being away from him again all day, five days a week is leaving me feeling a little broken hearted. I have spent a lot of time with Blake these past few weeks and I have loved every second of all this extra time together. Yes, some days have left me feeling exhausted, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Blake is growing so fast, his babiness rapidly depleting, leaving me desperate to hold onto it for as long as I can, wanting to soak in every minute with him. I watch Blake so curious of the world around him, learning something new everyday, doing a new cute trick every day and I fall more in love with him every day.
Brad and I took advantage of a few hours that we did spend away from Blake on Friday by doing something we hadn't done in a long time...we saw a movie. Its weird how sometimes after leaving a movie it makes you look at your own life and question certain things in it. One of the parts was the wife/mom saying she did not want to be one of those moms that only sees their child for an hour every night before bed because they spent the day working. I started crying. I am one of those moms and it is heart wrenching at times. It is a constant struggle and I know some days, some weeks are harder than others to deal with it. Today, I can't imagine going back to being that mom, the mom that spends more time at the office than with their child. I will go back to missing some of his new daily tricks and I wish there was an easy solution to take away that pain, that guilt. For now...I count down the days until MLK day, i.e., long weekend.

No comments:

Blog Archive