Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Mom

A lot has happened since my last post 10 days ago. The day after I made my last post, my mom was admitted back into the hospital. She went from bad to worse and Saturday my mom was admitted into the ICU after a pretty scary day. Mom is a fighter though and doing everything she can to beat this crummy disease. My brother, aunt and uncle were all in town this weekend and there will be pictures soon to follow from the weekend. Mom is still in ICU but much more stable and just taking everything day by day. I tend to keep my feelings bottled up inside so as an attempt to release some of them, I am posting a letter to my mom.
Dear Momma,
I know it shouldn't take you being in the hospital for me to express to you all that you mean to me, but I can't let this time go without expressing it. You have helped shape the person I am today. While I have hit bumps in the road and taken wrong turns along the way, you have always been by my side to guide me and pass your advice down to me to get me through. I have been able to achieve one of the dreams I have always had, to become a mother myself. I am forever grateful you have been able to see that and be such a big part of my journey of motherhood. I feel I am a good mom to Blake and I feel that I owe a large part of that to you. You gave me the tools throughout my life and showered me with endless love that I am now able to pass down to my child. The sacrifices you made in your life to always make sure Adam and I had what we needed are more evident to me now that I am a mother myself and I am also forever grateful for all you have done for us both. I need you to know that I understand how hard this past year has been for you and has not been easy in the least to endure all you have endured, but the effort you are putting into fighting this means everything to me. I need you here. I need to be able to pick up the phone at the end of a hard day and hear your voice or when I need advice about Blake or life in general I need you to turn to. More than anything I need you here for Blake. I need you here long enough for him to form memories of his grandma...special memories that I know you will help shape in his life. Memories he can carry with him forever. Just like the memories I will always carry with me of the times we have shared together, the special times we shared from my childhood.
I am here for you in anyway I possibly can be. Please know how much I love you.
Love,
Brookelett

No comments:

Blog Archive