Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, August 7, 2009

15 Month Check-In

Today my sweet little Blakester is 15 months old! Oh, how time flies...
Blake has grown into such an incredible little man. Brad and I say probably daily what an amazing little boy Blake is and how lucky we feel that we get to be his parents!
Blake's pediatrician does not require a 15 month checkup unless I feel necessary to have him checked. He is doing great in my eyes, with no concerns, so no visit for us at the moment. However, I really wanted to have some of his latest stats to post, so this morning I grabbed a tape measure and tried to get his height... I felt incredibly ridiculous chasing Blake around the house trying to get him to stand still just long enough to get his measurements! I think I was finally able to get a fairly accurate number...32" tall. Not sure where that puts him on the growth charts but to Brad and I, he seems like a very tall boy. He seems to get bigger by the day and I feel like before I know it he'll be taller than me! I do not know Blake's weight, other than to me...heavy.
Here are a few things about Blake's development....
Words he says
Mama
Dada (his favorite word)
Dar (for our dog Darcy)
Nana (for banana...his favorite breakfast food)
More
Uh-Oh
He has said the words teddy and apple and ball, but not repeated them often enough to call them words in his vocabulary
Other than that, he points at everything and says doh. Not sure why doh, but apparently could be a fairly common thing as my friend
Kristen's nephew does the same thing!

Other milestones...
~ Of course he is walking and now he is also running. Blake has turned into wanting to be Mr. Independent and wants to walk EVERYWHERE. He bangs on the front door begging to go outside, so some times I open the door and just follow him and he ends up walking to the park across the street. Or other times just likes to walk around the neighborhood. He could do this for literally hours and when I make him go back inside, he is NOT a happy camper. If I do not allow him to go outside at all, he is NOT a happy camper. He is definitely an outdoors boy!

~ Bottles... When Blake turned 12 months and got off formula, I phased out his two day time bottles almost immediately after his birthday. Then when we got back from our Europe trip, we cut out his morning bottle and did great with that. And as of last week is now COMPLETELY BOTTLE FREE!! WOO HOO!

~ Reading... Blake has started to love story time. He loves to be read to and loves to bring books to you and point at the different things in the book and have you tell him what he's pointing at. I love this and hope his enjoyment of books and reading continues throughout his life like it has mine.

Blake wakes up every morning talking to himself and playing in his crib until we come get him and is all smiles when we walk in. One of the best ways to start your day...
A few of Blake's favorite things are being outside, his Daddy, his Grandpa, his Darcy dog and anything soft like his teddy, boppy pillow or blankie and last but not least THE WIGGLES!
He's a Wiggles fan through and through and to celebrate both his 15 months in the world and to enjoy one of our last family outings as a family of three, we are taking him to The Wiggles Concert tomorrow!!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!
Blake, thanks for being the sunshine of your daddy and I's lives. We love watching you grow!

No comments:

Blog Archive