Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mom & Son Weekend

The weekend is almost over and my heart is happy and full. My body is worn down to the max. Shortly after I found out I was pregnant Brad asked if this summer he could attend an annual fishing trip out in the middle of Nowhere Arkansas with some buddies of his. I thought at the time it sounded like a wonderful idea and a chance for him to get away with the guys for a few days. At the time however, I wasn't thinking ahead to the fact I was going to be 7 months pregnant and very large and uncomfortable, left alone to take care of a very active and heavy 15 month old! As I was reminded by Brad last week about the trip I had completely forgotten I had agreed to, I became incredibly upset, thinking the worst and all that could go wrong while Brad was away. But then several days before the trip I decided to take a page out of Brad's positive thinking play book. Instead of the "I can't" way of thinking, I became the Little Engine That Could...and repeated to myself, I think I can, I think I can...
Blake is the epitome of a Daddy's Boy. When dad is around, it is he who makes the world go round and makes all things happy and bright to Blake. Daddy gets most all the snuggles and giggles. While this I'm sure will end up being a huge blessing when baby #2 arrives, at times now it leaves my heart longing for the same affection he gives Brad. But when dad is not around all of those loving snuggles, giggles, smiles went to you know who?? No, not Darcy. Me! Mommy was the light of Blake's life this weekend and we had such a great time together, forming a very special bond and over filling my heart with love and happiness. To save mommy's sanity from being inside our house the entire weekend, we spent Saturday afternoon at our friends' house, having a play date with their twin boys. It was so incredibly cute watching the three boys play together. It made me so excited for when our baby # 2 is old enough to play with Blake. I am so grateful they had us over and let us (well Blake) totally destroy their gameroom!
And today, we spent the day with grandma and grandpa and had a blast. Running up and down their halls, walking their dog and playing on their playground.
I have loved this time with Blake this weekend and truly cherish the quality time we had one on one, especially since soon there will be another little guy that divides my attention. However, don't get me wrong...I missed my husband incredibly much and my 7 month aching pregnant body also missed the help with my monkey. And now with Blake asleep for the night, the house picked up, my body is ready to collapse on the floor. I'm so ready for Brad to come back tomorrow and to have his company and help again. And I think he owes me a day of pampering as well! Can you say pregnancy massage??

Here are a few pics of Blake's fun on the playground...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive