Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

True Love

The meaning of love is different for every person but one shining example of what true love is to me was shown last night at around 3:30 in the morning. I woke up at 3 feeling like I was going to die. I felt horrible and was very scared that I might need to end up going to the hospital. Brad woke up to me moaning in pain and pacing the bathroom floor. He got out of bed and rubbed my back to calm me down and then held my hair back as I got sick. When your partner sees you at your worst like that, is with you holding your hair while you throw up and still looks at you the next day like you're the most beautiful person they've ever seen...that is true love. When your husband witnesses child birth at all the worst it can show and still finds you irresistible, that is true love. And when he looks at you 11 years after you've met with the same look in his eyes as he did back then, that is true love. Next week marks 11 years ago that Brad and I had our first date...a blind date at that. And Friday marks Blake's 15 months in the world. It is amazing to me where we've come from that day 11 years ago and how we've grown together and most of all how that true love we have for one another created the most incredible little boy and one more that we get to meet so soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive