Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Showering Baby

First I should probably give an update from the doctor on Tuesday since I did promise one! We loved getting to see baby again. He is looking healthy which is great and looking at his face, it appears like he has chubby little cheeks like Mr. Blake and made Brad and I so excited to meet him in person. He was weighing 5 lbs 12 oz which is about a week ahead of schedule and his head was measuring even larger. After talking to the doctor we agreed when I go back Tuesday (I start going weekly now) she will start checking if I've dilated and if I have we will schedule an induction date at that time. So most likely little Jonesie will be here sometime between now and 3 1/2 weeks from now. I can not believe how soon that is!!!! Sadly, I still have no nursery pictures, but they are coming soon...I promise.
I had been looking forward to Saturday for several weeks. We were getting to celebrate the arrival of this little guy and I was going to get to have an evening out, with the mommy hat off (thanks grandma & grandpa for babysitting), enjoying time with a bunch of my friends that I don't always get to see as often as I would like to. My girlfriends Kristen, Kristin and Breck (and husbands) were the hosts of the couples shower and everything was so wonderful. I had so much fun and ate some amazing food. Kristen even remembered me saying the cookies she brought me in the hospital after I had Blake were the best cookies I had ever had and had them at the shower! We also left with a hearty supply of diapers to get us going which is so appreciated by Brad and I. I wasn't the best picture taker...I didn't get a picture of one of the hostesses, Kristen (although I did of her babies!) and I didn't get a picture with my husband. But that just goes to show I was having too good of a time to take lots of pictures. Here are a few though that were snapped....

Super cute table setting
Photobucket

Yummy food
Photobucket

My girlfriends (minus Kristen)
Photobucket

Some of the guys
Photobucket

Two of the hostesses, Breck & Kristin
Photobucket

Me and some of my girlfriends
Photobucket

At the end of the party as everyone was leaving Kristen's 5 month old twin babies came back home from their sitter's and were too cute to not snap a few photos of.

Breck & Miss London
Photobucket

Jones, who was REALLY tuckered out
Photobucket

Thanks to everyone for making the shower so special for Brad and I. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We had fun at the shower too! Glad we were able to honor this little guy too! And of course I am glad that my babies made this post! ;)

Blog Archive