Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, May 3, 2010

Boo Boos and Rainbows

As a mom of two boys I know I have lots of bumps and bruises I'll be kissing better in my future. Blake already has a constant line of bruises up and down his legs and now that its warm enough for shorts he has what seems to be permanent skinned knees. What I don't think I'll ever get used to is the sinking feeling I get when one of my babies comes running in screaming and bleeding. I have two boys, one who I already know is fearless, and I know I have many more of these moments in my future. But will it ever get easier? I don't know what happened because I didn't see it, but all I know is Blake was running in the kitchen one second and the next had fallen and cut his gums some how and blood was pouring out his mouth. Luckily it quickly stopped and didn't require a trip to the ER. Thankfully as well my husband is much better in situations like this and with his calm nurturing ways Blake quickly stopped crying and was quickly back to his smiling self. Shortly after the scare inside we discovered such a beautiful site outside. Blake was very excited and was shouting out all the colors in the rainbow..."RED!!! YELLOW!!! GREEN!!! BLUE!!! PURPLE!!!" And just like that all was perfect again in the world.

No comments:

Blog Archive