Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grateful

Mom came home on Saturday and minus being in some pain is doing really well. What a blessing to have her home...with a working kidney! It is such an amazing feeling to talk to my mom and hear her so happy and I know how truly grateful she is for this wonderful blessing. I am truly grateful.
I am also so grateful for being surrounded by an amazing support system. The last few weeks, months, hell the past year, have been rough. Trying to juggle between my family and health issues and staying employed has been a little stressful, however I work with an amazing group of people. They are pretty much a second family to me. That became even more evident to me on Friday. I had what I thought was a 2:30 meeting with my boss and another girl I work with to discuss a project we are working on. Instead a group of 8 amazing women stood in my boss's office to surprise me. They all were talking behind my back and felt bad for the stress I have been under lately and wanted to do something special for me. We happen to have a massage therapist that offices in the basement of one of our buildings next to our gym and they had arranged and paid for a one hour massage and sent me on my way. They are amazing, the massage was amazing and I am grateful.

No comments:

Blog Archive