Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Fun

What a whirlwind past few days! I am exhausted but the birthday fun was well worth it. There are so many great memories and I am so grateful for all our family and friends that were able to share in Blake's special day. The birthday fun started on Blake's actual birthday on Thursday. Brad and I took Blake to birthday breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast spots, Chick fil A. The all mighty chicken biscuit...mmmmm. It was wonderful to just spend the morning as a family reminiscing about the past year. A song started playing on the speakers in the restaurant that was comparing life to a roller coaster ride. I am sure part of it was the hormones that seem to be surging through my body due to my pregnancy but part of it is I'm sure just the mom in me, but as we sat there eating our biscuits and hash browns listening to the words on the radio, I cried. I was sitting across from the love of my life, my best friend, who I've been fortunate enough to have by my side the past ten years and our son, now one, sitting next to us, with one more on the way. All we've been through together, all our love together, I just never felt more blessed than I did at that very moment. Here are a few pics of Blake on his birthday morning....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That evening the three of us joined my parents for Blake's birthday dinner. By the end of our meal it was an hour past Blake's bed time and he was so sacked out from the day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I tried to not have high expectations of Blake's party as I didn't know how he'd handle all the people in our house and all the stimulation, but I have to say, it couldn't have been better. Blake had a great time and we were able to spend the afternoon with all our close friends and family. It was perfect. I also didn't know how Blake would react to the cake when we sat it in front of him, but he didn't give it a second thought. He shoved the cake in his mouth faster than I could snap photos! He was covered in frosting, even up his nose and in his ears. It was a mess, but completely worth the cleanup to see him enjoy his first cake so much.
Blake's birthday cake...

Photobucket
Blake's smash cake...
Photobucket
Beginning of smash cake...
Photobucket
After devouring smash cake...
Photobucket
Family Photo
Photobucket
Blake is so incredibly loved and one lucky boy to have gotten so many great gifts from all his friends. Here are a few pics from opening presents...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After presents and a lot of the house cleared, Blake was introduced up close to his new friend Brynn. We're so happy to have been Brynn's first party! Here are a few pics of them. It was interesting to see how Blake reacted to her since he'll be having a baby around permanently very soon!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And here is a pic of Miss Brynn in her party hat
Photobucket
Its so hard to believe that its been a whole year since this...
Photobucket
Enjoy every minute because time goes by entirely too fast!

No comments:

Blog Archive