Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, May 18, 2009

Exciting News Part II

So several months back if any of you remember, I wrote that we had two pieces of exciting news that would be shared at a later date. The first, was my pregnancy...very exciting indeed! The second piece was just finalized so I'm finally able to talk about it...in just about one month from now Brad and I are going to Europe! To be more specific we are flying into Germany and visiting Paris and Rome! Visiting these places has definitely always been a dream of mine and I can't believe its actually coming true. Brad's brother who is in the Air Force has been stationed the last few years in Germany. When he went over there he made it a mission of his to fly over each member of his immediate family to visit him and travel somewhere they have always wanted to see abroad. Brad's mom and dad have both made their trips and now its our turn. I can't even begin to express how generous and amazing this gift is. We are beyond grateful to Thomas for making this happen and doing this for us. Brad and I are counting down the days. I am so excited I am able to see this part of the world with Brad and it will be great getting to have Thomas with us as well...for me getting to know him even better and for Brad at last having some real quality time with his brother, which hasn't been able to happen much since he joined the Air Force I think 7 or 8 years ago now. (sorry if I got that wrong Tom)
So to answer a few questions that may be lingering in your minds....
1) My doctor approved the travel for this trip at the stage of pregnancy I'll be in.
2) We are not taking Mr. Blake... Brad's mom has graciously offered to fly in and watch him while we are gone.
Being away from Blake is going to be INCREDIBLY hard, but I try not to think about that aspect of the trip. If I did, I'd talk myself out of going. So I focus on the part that Blake will have 10 days to spend with his grandmother that he rarely gets to see which is a great opportunity for the both of them and I know will get spoiled rotten while we're away. He will be in good hands and I try to focus on that and not the part of missing his smiling face for 10 days.
So there you have it, part two of our exciting news. I absolutely can not wait and will obviously have so many stories and pictures to post upon our return!!

No comments:

Blog Archive