Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, May 22, 2009

My Boys

Brad and I are ecstatic to announce that we are having another little boy! Now Darcy and I are outnumbered...boys will rule the roost. I of course was ultimately hoping for a healthy baby but it was hard to deny a part of me that was also hoping for a girl. The fun of shopping for frilly pink clothes was starting to consume my thoughts. A large part of it though was I have such a special relationship with my big brother I was hoping Blake would have a similar relationship with a little sister. As the sonographer drew a little baseball cap on our baby's head to signify boy, like she had with Blake, I started crying, tears were rolling down my face. But the tears were not of disappointment, they were tears of joy. I felt completely connected to my baby at that moment...now knowing I was carrying a son. Its hard to put into words exactly but knowing he was perfectly healthy and looking at his profile that was just incredibly beautiful I was filled with happiness and love and not an ounce of disappointment.
This pregnancy has been a little different than my last. With Blake, I thought about the life growing inside me almost every minute of every day. I was completely consumed with thoughts of baby and what life would be like once he got here. And of course I think about this baby but because for now my world is completely centered around Blake, its not until I feel a flutter from him or have a little quiet time to myself that I've been able to truly think about this baby. So, seeing our baby again today and knowing I am carrying a boy made it all the more real and built that connection so much more. I am on cloud nine at the moment.
Our little guy is ridiculously active. The sonographer could barely get all the measurements and pictures she needed to because he wouldn't stop moving. He completely flipped positions several times while she was performing the sonogram. It was so fun to see him waving his hands and arms and kicking his legs. It was a little humorous as well as she said I have no doubt you are having a boy...he is a VERY proud boy. We all got a chuckle from that.
The baby is measuring 19-20 weeks, 10 ounces and 7.6 inches. Its funny because I compared Blake's sonogram picture and he had the exact same stats, well Blake was actually 7.7 inches.
I'll scan the picture when I am back at work next week to share. I can tell he is so handsome already!
Yes, I am going to be the proud momma of two boys. Life can't get much better than this...

2 comments:

Mark and Kristin said...

That is great news! Congratulations!

Me said...

Yay!! Congrats! :o)

Blog Archive