Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Blake!

Brad and I agreed that it was so much easier to wake up this morning than usual as we were so excited to get Blake this morning and wish him a Happy Birthday! My little guy is one! Where does the time go? I can't believe my little baby is no more...
There will be lots of pictures past and present, especially after his party this Saturday, but for now, here is my first yearly birthday letter to Blake...


Dear Blake,
What a truly special day…you are now one years old! What an amazing and joyous year this has been for your dad and I. Our lives were forever changed the day you were born and all for the better. Its hard to even remember the days before you were around. Yes those days might have been easier, with little responsibility and freedom to come and go as we pleased, but I would never want to return to those days. My days now are filled with your laughter and your smiles and my heart is fuller because of that...my life is fuller because of that. Your dad and I never imagined the love we would have for you would be as much as it is, it is one of a kind my sweet boy. Your dad says all the time that you're the best part of his day. I agree…even after the worst of days you always seem to make them brighter.
The day you were born is a blur yet vivid at the same time if that makes any sense. Maybe when you are a man and have a child of your own it will. I had waited my whole life to meet you. I knew I wanted to be a mom since I was a little girl and when I held you for the first time was the best moment of my life. Your dad remembers he ran over to you while you were being cleaned up, stats taken, etc. and he started talking to you and you looked directly at him like you recognized his voice and grabbed hold of his finger. The hold of your finger for the first time was probably the best moment of your dad's life. His heart never knew it could have so much love in it until that very moment.
We have loved watching you grow this past year, learning something new almost daily, soaking up everything around you. You are always so curious, having to inspect everything. You are so smart, often exceeding any timeline of expectations we have for you to accomplish something. You are so happy, always smiling and making everyone around you smile too. Your smile I have to say is contagious. And as vain as it sounds you are such a good looking boy. Your blonde hair and killer blue eyes draw people to you constantly. I've never had so many conversations with strangers in my life as I have this past year while out and about with you in public. Your dad and I love seeing your personality shining through and growing and every day with you becomes more fun. You are truly special and I am proud of the toddler you've become. I am sad to see you leave your babiness behind but I am so excited to watch you continue to grow and continue to bring so much happiness into my life. Happy 1st Birthday my sweet little monkey! Thank you for the best year of my life!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Blog Archive