Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, November 7, 2010

2.5

Today my first born is 2 1/2. How is that even possible? My sweet Blake has turned into such a grown up boy and it seems like yesterday I was holding him for the first time as a little newborn baby. The past 6 months dealing with a strong willed, stubborn 2 year old boy who can throw a tantrum like a pro have been challenging, but it is the other side of Blake, the sweet natured, smart, humorous, vivacious 2 year old boy that makes me want to hold onto this time forever and that boy is what keeps Brad and I going on the hardest of days. Brad and I at least once in a day are blown away at just how smart Blake is. I love that Blake can carry on a conversation with us and there is no longer a guessing game of what his wants or needs are. Like just the other week he told me his ear hurt and needed to go to the doctor. Sure enough he had an ear infection. Even the pediatrician commented to us on what an amazing vocabulary and conversation skills Blake possessed for being 2. He can also read. Well ok, maybe its more Blake memorizing his books and reciting them than actually reading, but still, the boy can read every book in his stack of favorites cover to cover. Its pretty amazing to me. He's even recently started learning Spanish at school and knows all the colors in Spanish. Its official, my two year old is smarter than me, since I don't even know the Spanish words for colors. But what makes me the proudest of my first born is not his good looks or his brains, but his sweetness. Blake is the best, most caring big brother. He's loving and patient and looks out for Brady always. Like last month Brady was home sick and I was leaving school with Blake and he got really upset with me because he thought I was forgetting Brady. His sweetness isn't just with his brother though. I was talking to a mom of one of the girls in his class last weekend. Her daughter, Sam, was getting a little bullied (yes at 2) by another little girl in the class. One day this other little girl was pushing Sam and she told her mom that Blake helped her. Talk about being a proud mom! I love that Blake looks out for others and I just hope he will possess that quality always. What an adventure life is on a daily basis being Blake's mom. He makes our days filled with laughter and fun and I do not take any day, even the toughest of days with him for granted. If time wants to slow down between now and his third birthday, I'm totally okay with that!

No comments:

Blog Archive