Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brady's Latest

At the end of the day on Thursday I couldn't get that Ice Cube song out of my head..."Today was a good day." Yeah, I know, I'm a dork, but after a really stressful week and a half it felt nice to have some things going right. Our appointment at Children's went really well. What an amazing facility and I'm grateful we ended up there. So we still don't have any answers but I feel like we are going down the right path now, which is a sense of relief. I sent out a novel of a recap to a few people and I am not going to put all the details on here, but we have an endoscopy scheduled for December first, which is a little frightening but something that needs to be done. We also met with the dietitian from Children's who worked on a plan with us and will continue to work with us going forward. I left feeling like these people cared and are going to help us get Brady where he needs to be. Then Brady had the best therapy session he's had to date in the afternoon and has continued to do better with his feedings and I just wanted to do cartwheels Thursday evening. Except I was exhausted so I passed out on the couch instead.
So my wonderful friend Heather is like my encyclopedia of medical knowledge and has been a really strong support system from our struggles getting pregnant to now with our struggles with Brady. After I filled her in on our visit Thursday she started scouring her resources of mommy blogs of preemie moms (as her children were preemies) to try and find information that would be useful in my need to start cooking with butters, oils...fats, fats, fats basically. She ended up coming across a blog entry that she thought would strike home with me and boy did it ever. This mom has been through way more than we have with Brady, but there are extreme similarities as well and her blog entry captured my feelings with this journey with Brady better than I could have. If you have a minute, go read, then you'll know where my head is at. Thanks Heather!


http://stefaniewildertaylor.com/2009/05/acceptance/

No comments:

Blog Archive