Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Library

We had a full day planned for Saturday and then got so caught up playing and bumming around the house in the morning that our to do list quickly started to become next to impossible to complete. So we decided instead of pushing too much into our day and creating cranky boys, we would make a choice...haircut or library. We've been wanting to go to the really nice new (or by now not so new) library that was built just down the street for awhile now. Brad and I both wanted to check out a book and pretend we have enough time in our day to actually read them and take Blake for his first trip to experience what the library is all about. I love to read and grew up loving the library. It started as a very little girl with story time at the library my mom would take me to and evolved to me wanting to go weekly to pick out a new book. Blake is only 2 1/2 but loves books and I will always encourage Blake to have a love for reading like my parents did for me. But I digress. So, we chose the library and Blake loved it. He was like a kid in a candy shop completely overwhelmed with all the choices but finally picked out four books that are so completely Blake. He is having a great time reading them every night. Now I just hope he's okay when he realizes we return them!


Here is a pic after checking out his first library books! The boy with the super long hair in desperate need of a haircut!

1 comment:

Mark and Kristin said...

Love that munchkin! SO fun! Going to the library instead of a haircut was a great idea!

Blog Archive