Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, February 21, 2011

Reasons #100 and 101 Why I Love My Husband...

I have a confession. Sometimes I tend to think the worst outcome of a situation will take place. Take for instance the time I got mono. It was ninth grade and I was shopping at Prestonwood Mall (ah, memories) with one of my besties, Kristin. I started feeling super weak and literally had to sit down on a bench every few minutes because I didn't have the energy to walk. I think Kristin was ready to stop being my friend at that moment she was so annoyed. So I get home and am feeling worse and worse and started running a high fever. Well it also happened to be that time of the month, so as I was getting some "supplies" I glanced at the pamphlet in the box and read that using tampons can lead to Toxic Shock Syndrome. Immediately I was convinced this is what I had and was surely dying, but was too embarrassed to tell my parents this is what I was dying from. Turns out not TSS, just mono, albeit a really bad case of it. And then there is every time Brad stays out late after hockey. Most of the time I'll stay sleeping, but if I happen to wake up and look at the clock and it says 1 or 2am and there is no Bradley, I immediately panic he is dead in a ditch. See, I wasn't lying. I tend to think the worst. Brad on the other hand is one of the most logical thinkers I know. He is always very quick to reassure me of the facts and throw his always positive spin on things. Like when after a year of trying to conceive, with one miscarriage and one bad set of test results, I was left thinking we'd never have a baby. But Brad was always there to reassure me and remind me to not always think the worst. I SO love him for that. And then today. The boys' school was closed for a teacher in service day and Brad had off for President's Day since he is lucky enough to work for a bank. I was convinced I needed to take off work, because certainly Brad would not want to stay home with the boys all day. Alone. Or be able to handle it. Without being stressed to the max. I thought the worst. But he had an awesome day with the boys and the boys loved spending quality time with their dad. I also got a few pictures emailed to me at work to let me know how things were going. And the boys even got to go on a field trip to City Hall in downtown Frisco and get the new registration for my car. What an amazing dad to our boys. I SO love him for that.

No comments:

Blog Archive