Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, February 4, 2011

Turning My Frown Upside Down

What is going on people? This weather is CRAZY! And the snow is still coming down! I can't remember school ever being closed FOUR days in a row. Brad seems to think the movie, The Day After Tomorrow is playing out in real life. I certainly hope that isn't the case. I haven't stepped foot outside since Monday when I briefly made it out to the store with Brady. Going a little stir crazy, but I've decided instead of listing the negatives and complaining about the sick kiddos and being confined inside, I'll list the things I am thankful for in the midst of this arctic blast.
  • I've gotten to spend the last 5 days at home with Brady, the last 4 days with the entire fam. That is some definite snuggle time I've gotten with all the guys in my life. Love that.
  • Lazy days. With two sick kiddos, we have stayed in our pj's all day long and watched a lot of movies. Well, Blake really wants to watch Shrek over and over. At least Brad finally downloaded the other 3 Shreks, so there is some variety.
  • Being stuck at home getting to make chocolate chip pancakes with Blake.
  • While this weather sure is burdensome, it is also REALLY pretty to look at. From the warmth of my heated home. THANKFUL for that!
  • I've gotten a glimpse at my life as stay at home mom, which I am thankful for. I am hoping it won't quite be like this with two horribly sick kids and not being able to leave the house. BUT I'll tell you what I've loved about staying home with my boys...witnessing their entire day. There is so much I haven't even realized I miss by being at work all day, five days a week. Like I got so excited that Brady started saying "Darce" (for Darcy, our dog). I ran to tell Brad, who was like, yeah, he's been saying that for a week now. *let down* But the greatness is I've gotten to teach Brady other words this week and be the FIRST to hear them. I most certainly am thankful I will be here to teach my boys and witness their everything...the good the bad and all the in between of their day.

1 comment:

Melissa and Trevor said...

oh I totally agree with you.. being home with kids is the best thing ever, I could never imagine leaving them. enjoy them while they are young and want to snuggle, my oldest thinks that kissing mom is so not cool and that having mom at the bus stop is so not cool either!

Blog Archive