Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My SAHM Progress Report

So I realize I am only a few days into this SAHM business, however so far I'm loving it. Our whole family is loving it. The stress level has been reduced tremendously. Pre-SAHM, mornings and evenings during the work week were ridiculously chaotic. Stress levels would rise, patience would be out the window and we were left asking many days, when does it get easier? The last few days though, our mornings are calm, our evenings are a night and day difference and I know Brad certainly is enjoying having dinner on the table when he comes home from work. And how about the boys? Well, Brad told me tonight he doesn't think he's ever seen Brady seem so happy and knows he must be loving staying home with his mama. Made me feel really good. And Blake seems really happy too. I didn't even have to give him a time out today! I have to say I'm enjoying this time with my boys so incredibly much. I absolutely love getting to see their smiles all day long. I had the thought though during some outside time today, it kind of feels like I'm a kid a summer camp. Is this "SAHM High" I'm experiencing going to end? I am a little afraid the first rainy day we have it just might. But I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

We were walking back to the house for lunch from the park across the street yesterday when a white cat walked right up to us. It tried to rub up against me, knowing I'm sure that I'm highly allergic. I told the boys over and over, "Do NOT touch the cat! Do NOT touch the cat!" The were so intrigued however, and ended up just sitting down and staring at it.

I heart our double jogging stroller. We made a trek this afternoon to the baseball fields and playground that aren't too terribly far away from our house. The whole way there Blake was talking to Brady, pointing different things out to him. "Brady, see the birds?, Look at the flowers Brady." SO sweet. My heart melted into mush.

No comments:

Blog Archive