Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, March 11, 2011

SAHM Progress Report

I must confess this week was not as idealistic as last. My "SAHM High" has come to an end. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still loving my new full time job, but there have just been a lot more moments that have, let's see, how do I say this...tested my patience is a nice way to put it. After I experience one of those moments, like after our trip to the library, when one boy ran off one way, and the other boy in the opposite direction, and I'm sure the library now has a poster of our family hanging, "Do not let the Jones Family back...EVER", I take a deep breath, look at my two ridiculously handsome, cute boys and think as exhausting and hard as this can be, it sure beats being in a cubicle all day with an endless amount of office drama and politics. *Also, side note, Blake checked out 4 new books this week...all non fiction. This week he's learning about Maps of the World, Reindeer, Time and Spanish words.*
Brady has been sick which has probably made this week not as good as it could have been either. This bug has really upset me. I left my job to prevent him from getting sick and then the week after I leave, he gets sick. We didn't go anywhere except the library and outdoor playgrounds and I think I was good about washing hands afterwards. I can't keep these boys confined in our house 24/7, I just can't. What is the answer? It makes me so upset. I just want Brady to be okay. I'm really anxious for his next set of doctor appointments with the Pulmonologist and Gastroenterologist to get here in a few weeks so I can see if they are concerned with the amount of sickness he's had being on these antibiotics and if he's gained weight or grown in length. I guess the one big positive was I did not have to call my office to say I had to stay home with a sick kid and deal with that big time added stress. So grateful for that.
And lastly a very random funny story, well funny only to those that have little kids that watch Mickey Mouse Club House... Blake was trying to reach up a flag pole and he said, "I can't reach it, its too high. I need a Mousekatool(sp??), OOOh Toodles!" That was one I had to document and remember because it made me laugh so hard.
I have got to start taking my actual camera so I can snap some quality pictures of the boys on our outings. My camera phone just stinks. But here are two of Blake from today...


No comments:

Blog Archive