Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sentimental

*picture of Brady today covered in chick-fil-a bbq sauce...yum*

Brady turned 18 months on Tuesday. Time is flying by faster and faster these days. (By the way, I can't believe Blake was a month younger than Brady is now when Brady was born. Crazy.) I'm feeling kind of sentimental tonight. I don't know if it is just the age and where he is at developmentally or if its because (dare I even say it...knock on some serious wood) Brady has been healthy for 4 weeks straight or a combination of the two, but Brady has done some big time changing in what seems over night. He's interacting even more with us and Blake, he's added even more words and phrases into his vocabulary and his personality has just blossomed so incredibly much. He's my sunshine. Such a sunshine in my life and everyone's lives he is a part of. The medicine Brady is on to help his appetite is also working and he's taking in more food which I think makes him even happier (it at least makes me happier) and I may be crazy, but I swear I can already tell a difference in how he looks. Do you think his face looks fuller in that pic?
Brady is leaving the pieces of baby he's been clinging on to behind and becoming more and more of a big boy every day. He wants to be independent and is starting to push mommy away so he can do things on his own. This week I have to say I have never been happier about my decision to leave my career behind to stay at home with these two boys of mine. I truly feel I am starting to see Brady thrive and I really think a part of that has to do with him staying healthy long enough to do so. I have been witness to so many wonderful things this week with both boys...memories to fill my heart with everlasting joy.
Here is my little recap of what you are up to these days Brady:
  • You love telling everyone you see or even walk by at the mall or at the store, hi. Or bye. Very cute.
  • You are still a mama's boy. Even though you are becoming more independent, you still love to snuggle me and let me hold you. Couldn't love it more.
  • You hate being told no, its earth shattering to you when you hear it.
  • You love to pretend talk on the phone. Well you pretty much use anything as a phone, like a remote, baby monitor, piece of paper, whatever. You carry on long conversations too.
  • You love books. Every day you pull out a book and sit and flip through it and "read" out loud.
  • Your words are mama, dada, darcy, bay for blake, shoe, sock, wa wa for water, wa for waffle, key for cookie, more, ball, goal, pay for plane, hi, bye, no, moon and as of a few days ago you started saying all done. Probably a few more that I'm forgetting :)
I got some really great video footage of the boys tonight "mowing" the yard. Hilarious. I went back and was looking at prior video footage on the camera. I saw the first minutes after Blake was born and then footage of him sleeping on my chest. Footage of Brady as a new born baby and it just seems like it passes by in an instant. Yeah, I'm a big sentimental pile of mush tonight. And so grateful for my two amazing boys.

No comments:

Blog Archive