Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Timing


It looks like Sophie may have a little competition!

Sometimes I can tend to be a bit of a hermit. I find it easier to just "be" than putting myself out there and meeting others...striking up a conversation with someone I barely know or don't even know at all. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. I've been told by people they thought I was a snob at first because I didn't say much when they first met me. Of course that initial judgement is proven wrong if someone gives me the chance to open up and feel comfortable enough to actually say more than two words. Brad on the other hand makes friends easily and without effort. I strive to be a little more like that. Especially now with me staying at home, I know we can't just hang out every day just the three of us, as easy and convenient as that would be. I need adult interaction. The boys need interaction with other kiddos. Enter in our neighbors. They've been our neighbors for I don't know 8 months but we've really not had too much interaction. I blame me and my anxiety to strike up conversation. However, now that I'm home I've totally put myself out there and befriended this woman who has three young girls, one that is only a month older than Blake. Blake adores her little girls. Brady loves them too. We are slowly building a stronger relationship and having the kids play more often. We're going to start going on weekly walks together, which is great for everyone involved. Today was day one and the picture above is of Blake and Olivia, or as her mom calls her "Livi", holding hands. So cute. Sophie would be crushed. Blake's a few weeks shy of three and already breaking hearts.

No comments:

Blog Archive