Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, December 19, 2011

It's starting to look a lot like...Fall?!

Didn't we have a white Christmas in Dallas last year?  Crazy that its in the 60's here today.  But I'm not complaining!  The leaves on the tree out front FINALLY turned a beautiful yellow and have started a mass exodus off their branches all over our yard and driveway.  We were leaving the house earlier and instead of getting into the car like I had asked, the boys headed to the leaves and started to play.  My first instinct was to tell the boys to stop messing around and get in the car.  But we didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time so I turned the nagging mom button off and let the boys have at it.  The smiles, the giggles, the joy flowing from the boys were so worth those extra minutes of waiting in the driveway.  
I all too often get snippy with the boys because they are dragging their feet.  One of my biggest resolutions this year is to learn to slow down more.  Let my boys be boys and let them enjoy being little and exploring the world around them. I think we could all benefit from slowing down just a little from time to time. 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive