Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Big 20




These pictures break my heart a little bit. Brady's first pictures that really documented his sweet sweet smile. Oh, how I LOVE that smile. These are also the last pictures of him before he got RSV and all his health issues started. Look at that chubby face...where did it go? I've had people say to me as I stress over Brady's weight, "Maybe he's just going to be a small boy." Everything inside has told me otherwise. Brady weighed slightly more when he was born than Blake and he started out with such a round chubby face. I am certain had it not been for all of Brady's health woes he would be not just on the growth charts but off the charts, only in the opposite direction he's on now. I know I can not dwell in the what if's...it will only drive me crazy. I have constantly reminded myself to focus on the here and now, be grateful for what I have and celebrate the small victories with Brady's health. I remind myself things could be way worse. Some days I do better with that line of thinking than others. Friday, however, I celebrated a milestone in Brady's health journey. What would be small to most was huge for me. We stopped in to the gastrointerologist's office Friday for a weight check. He FINALLY reached the 20 pound marker weighing in at 20.24 pounds. I think I might have done a jig leaving the doctor's office. Small progress but progress none the less. I pray it continues. It is more and more evident every day that I made the right choice to stay at home. Brady is really thriving for the first time since those above pictures were taken at age three months.
I am celebrating this victory for sure.
The one thing still weighing on me today though is Brady's swallowing issue. I lessened the amount of thickener again this past week and it did not go well. I will try again before our next follow up visit next month but if no success a bronchoscopy we will go...with the threat of a possible needed surgery. UGH.
Focus on the positive right?? I am so trying.

No comments:

Blog Archive