Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthday Letter to My First Born

Dear Blake,
It feels like just yesterday you were born and I'm sure in another blink of an eye you will be a thirteen year old boy. This realization continues to set in more and so I find myself clinging onto any bit of your sweet babyness you have left. I recently started staying at home with you and while some days are very challenging with your strong willed behavior, I am cherishing this time with you. Our relationship has grown so beautifully. You now call for me every morning when you wake and pull my hand to your chest at night asking me to stay..."I want to keep you mommy...snuggle me." This makes my heart turn to mush. I relish in these sweet moments we share together and am beyond grateful you are mine. I am beyond grateful and proud to be your mommy. Sometimes I find myself just staring at you. I just feel so in awe of you...your beauty inside and out and I love to just take it all in. You have such a kind heart and most times share with your brother and show him the ropes. You make him laugh often and I can just see the love you have for Brady in your eyes. This makes my heart turn to mush too. Brotherly love...you have so much for each other.
Even though our bond has become so much stronger and continues to grow, no one holds a candle to your daddy. You are one lucky boy because you happen to have the most amazing daddy who loves you with every ounce of his being.
Your favorite things are still sports and hot air balloons. When asked what your favorite sport is you reply, "All sports!" This is true...you do not discriminate. If it involves a ball you are interested. And if you see a hot air balloon in the sky it makes your day. Lately, your most favorite activity with me is playing chase at the park. You say "Tickle me mommy!" This translates into chase me. But the really cute and sweet thing about it...you don't like to be caught. If you sense me catching you, you stop and put up your arms and say, "I want a hug." I love it. I am always happy to oblige.
Three, I have a feeling, may be the most difficult age yet. The tantrums as we grow closer to your birthday are growing worse. I am learning how to try and minimize them and stop them all together, but some days your stubbornness wins and my patience ends. I hope that you always know even when mommy yells or gives you a time out, you know how very much you are loved. I hope you always feel my love for you. It is endless and unwavering. Unconditional love my Blakers.
You still amaze me and your daddy with just how smart you are and make us laugh to no end. We love you more than there are stars in the sky sweet Blake. Being your mommy and watching you grow is a gift from God. Happy 3rd Birthday!

Love
Mommy

No comments:

Blog Archive