Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birthday Fun Week

I swear this is the last birthday post! We've had such a fun week. Monday, I took the boys to the mall and played and ate yummy pretzels. Tuesday, the three of us hit up the $1 movies and watched Cars 2. And today, the actual day Mr. Brady turned TWO, was the best.day.EVER! Brad took the day off which was the first great thing about the day and went with us to gymnastics, our normal Wednesday morning activity.

Blake doing a cart wheel. Kind of.


Waiting our turn for the balance beam

Happy Boy
After gymnastics we got yummy donuts at my childhood favorite donut place since we were down the street. Oh so good. And then we headed to the Dallas Zoo. It had been awhile since our last visit and in that time they had opened a new exhibit. Amazing. We loved seeing the animals from Africa roaming around and able to get so up close and personal. We even got to feed giraffes and eat lunch with lions. Well, the lions were behind glass, but we sat there eating, taunting them with our burgers. Good times!



Blake feeding the giraffe. I could not believe that both boys were absolutely fearless when it came to feeding these guys. I sadly didn't get a picture of Brady. I was a little too busy taking his hand out of the giraffe's mouth! He didn't want to let go of the lettuce and yes, his hand went in the giraffe's mouth and came out with giraffe drool.


My sweet birthday boy enjoying the monorail ride. This guy is such a sweetheart. He blew kisses to all the animals. Melt my heart.


Brady and I's favorite animal...the gorillas. I could sit and stare at these guys all day I think. Brady too. He did NOT want to leave them. One of the gorillas actually stood up, karate kicked the glass with his leg and pounded on his chest with his fists. It was awesome! Brad was so scared of the gorilla's leg coming at him he totally missed him pounding on his chest. Entertainment on so many levels.

Blake's favorite animals. The penguins. Well, they are actually African Penguins, but penguins none the less.

We wanted to get a family shot of the four of us, but waited until we were leaving and melt downs were going to start at any moment. I was trying to use my iPhone to snap it myself. Brady refused and was hiding behind us. This is the closest we got!
After the zoo we of course had to have Brady's favorite meal...tacos! We enjoyed a yummy taco dinner with grandma and papa! We've had sooo much fun celebrating Mr. Brady's 2nd Birthday! However, I think I need a day at home tomorrow to recover!

No comments:

Blog Archive