Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I am done.


As a parent you worry about your kid(s). As a mom you worry even more I think. I know I will always worry about my two babies. The last two years my level of worry for Brady has gone above and beyond the "normal" amount of worry a mom should carry, consuming me at times. I think as humans we need answers. We need reasoning. When there are no answers, it can be maddening. But, there are no answers for this looming question we've been trying to get to the bottom of for most of Brady's life. I have to let go. I have to move forward. I am done. I know I will always worry more than I do with Blake. When Brady gets a runny nose or a cough or a stomach bug my insides will turn to knots. I will pray Brady can fight the bug quickly without losing weight. I will pray he eventually catches up to the "curve". But I will no longer be on a mission for the answers. I am done. What I will do, is be present. I will enjoy today. I will focus on doing everything in MY control to be the best mom I can be to my two sweet boys.

No comments:

Blog Archive