Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Looking Up

Friday the sun was shining and the boys and I had a great day of fun playing soccer and chase at the park together. I can not begin to explain how much Friday helped my soul. I was soaking up every smile and giggle with my boys and it helped me move on from being stuck in events I can not change. Just what I needed.
It was also Blake's lucky day because a hot hair balloon flew right above us.


Blake refused to play at the park until the balloon was out of our site. He was just a little excited about the balloon in the sky.


As the balloon drifted further and further away Blake sat down and just stared at it until no longer in his view. Brady of course had to copy him and sit next to him. They are the cutest, sweetest brothers. I love watching them interact together. Best buds.

Saturday morning we went to Blake's soccer game, along with Grandma and Papa. Here is Blake's professional soccer picture. I actually took a picture of a picture to post because I'm too lazy to scan. (Ridiculous, I know. )
So handsome!Align Center
After we all ate some brunch together, Grandma and Papa took the boys for the rest of the day and evening. Brad and I are BEYOND grateful for my parents. I know my dad has been working like a dog and could have used some quiet time but instead they braved the boys solo. And they didn't just sit around the house. They went to Whole Foods and got to pick out baby pumpkins that they got to decorate with Grandma, went and played putt putt with Papa, and all went out for pizza for dinner.


They were so worn out that the boys even slept through the bad storms, thank goodness! Our boys are so spoiled with love and fun by their Grandma and Papa and it fills my heart with joy. Having some time away from the boys was also really good for my soul. I miss the boys like crazy when I'm away from them, but I think I
needed to miss them. My battery was on empty and it was so wonderful to recharge my Brooke battery, my wife battery and my mom battery. Brad and I took a loooong nap on Saturday. I can't remember the last time that happened! And then we had a wonderful dinner out and watched a movie rental at home. The perfect day and evening. When we got to my parents this morning the boys were full of smiles and full bellies. And they were super excited to show us their decorated pumpkins!

Blake's is on the left, hard to see, but he drew a ghost on it. And Brady's on the right. My little artist.
Brady's appointment was scheduled for the 31st to go over his lab results with the immunologist. And I'm feeling so healed from these last few days, that I'm not going to even stress or worry for the next week. Today, my glass is definitely half full.

No comments:

Blog Archive