Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy 2nd to my 2nd Born

Click below to see the slide show I used with a free tool, that is a little cheesy. Followed by my birthday letter to Brady.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow


Dear Brady,
Happy SECOND birthday Bray-Bray, Doodle Bug, Cookie Monster! As I write your second birthday letter I am filled with so many emotions. You, my love, are a gift from above and I am so truly blessed to be your mom. I laugh now when I think about the scared feelings I had to bring you in this world. Would I have the same love to give you as your brother? How could I possibly love you as much? Oh, how silly. That's the thing about a mother's heart. It has no limit my sweet boy. The last two years have been quite a journey. Your daddy and I have spent so many days and nights worrying about your health and you have gone through way way more than any sweet baby should. But you have handled it all with that sweet smile of yours. Oh, that smile. It melts my heart on a daily basis. It brightens my days Brady. You brighten the cloudiest day. Your spirit is truly magical. You are pure joy. Don't get me wrong though, you also have quite a temper. You are stubborn and boy, oh boy, do you know what you want! And if you don't get it...the world is ending. You HATE being told no. If we dare to utter that word to you, you crumble and scream and cry and pout.
Brady, you become more and more independent every day. You love discovering things on your own and even if you can not do something you are one determined little boy to try until you can do it with no help. I love that about you. Although it can be very frustrating at times! And even though you have such deep independence running through your core, you still need your mommy (and daddy) so much. You crave our snuggles, especially mama's. And doodle bug, I so crave your snuggles right back.
You also l.o.v.e. your big brother Blake. The two of you are inseparable. The brotherly love you two share together is inspiring and so so so incredibly sweet. Anything Blake does, you have to do as well. If Blake sits, you sit. If Blake wants a snack, you want a snack. Its funny though, because as much as you copy him, every so often you put your foot down and protest whatever he is doing...just so we all know, you have a mind of your own.
Brady, you are so so smart. I love that you can understand anything we tell you and listen well to our directions. I love you are starting to converse with us so much more. I love hearing your sweet voice. And your sweet laugh. Your dad and I are so blessed to watch you grow and learn every day. You make our family complete. The perfect book end. I hope you always feel the love we have for you. I hope you hold on to the joy inside you always. I hope you continue to grow and grow and grow into a healthy big boy so I can stop worrying about you so much! I love you love you Brady boy. Happy Birthday to the smiliest boy I know!

No comments:

Blog Archive