Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, August 20, 2012

Life Lately.

Last week was a weird week.  Like super weird.  I'm really good at adjectives.  There was really sad stuff.  There was really happy stuff.  There was even scary stuff.  And even in the midst of all of that, life...it does go on.  And so, all the "in between stuff" I documented on my iPhone this last week.  Here ya go...

Storms rolled in one night and the thunder was super loud.  Our dog does not do storms.  I'm going to be completely honest and say that usually when it storms...I kind of want to kill her.  There is pacing.  There is jumping in and out of the bath tub.  (??)  There is jumping on top of me, usually on top of my head. (??)  If its the middle of the night, I will not get sleep.  I just won't.  But for some reason, this night Darcy jumped on the bed and a miracle happened.  She STAYED on the bed and snuggled right up against me.  She was happy and content and felt safe.  Something that NEVER happens with our crazy dog.  And it was really sweet and made me want to keep her another day.  

Computer time at the library.  Sweet brothers.  Notice Brady's crazy hair.  Haircut was soon to follow!

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping child...your sleeping child.  Am I right?!  This is Blake who had just finished an afternoon snack, head down, asleep, on our kitchen table.  Love him.  

My handsome Bray-Bray.  Seconds after haircut, provided by the best looking stylist I know...Brad.

And as a reward for Brady actually sitting still and having NO TEARS the whole family celebrated by getting shaved ice.  A wonderful summer treat.  The rest of the pics are of the refreshing-ness.  





No comments:

Blog Archive