Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Worries

I think one of my biggest worries as the start of preschool approaches, has really nothing to do with how Blake will adjust, but how Brady will adjust.  Blake is Brady's security blanket.  He not only adores him, wants to play with him at all times, but wants to do anything he does, go where he goes, etc. etc. etc.  I have joked that I'll just hold Blake back two years so they can go to kindergarten together and be together forever and always.  Ha.  When we go to a playground or a birthday party or anywhere, as long as Brady has his brother to hang around, he's good to go.  So, I worry big time how Brady is going to handle dropping Blake off and then waving good bye.  I am predicting now, drop off is NOT going to be pretty.  Oh, Blake will be fine.  He'll sit in his chair and will wave good bye with a smile on his face.  I'm pretty confident of that.  It's Brady who will be laying in a ball on the floor screaming, who I'll have to pick up kicking and screaming to the car. 
This morning we all went to Blake's new school for "meet the teacher".  One of Blake's teachers greeted us at the door letting Blake know how excited she was to have him in her class.  As he shook her hand, he peered into the class room and literally started jumping up and down with excitement.  This boy is so ready to be back at school.  He's going to love it.  But Brady also loved it.  The two of them went straight for the play center where there was a pretend kitchen and table and chairs and proceeded to set up a cake with coffee to serve us.  Brady put on the oven mitts to help take the hot cake out of the oven.  Could they be any more adorable??  Brady did NOT want to leave.  I'm standing there thinking about how excruciating drop off is going to be for Brady (and me) next week and questioning if keeping Brady out of school another year is really what is best for him.  And then one of the little boys who will be in Blake's class walked up and started coughing.  And not just a little cough, but a nasty, sickly cough.  Brad and I gave each other a look.  We both were thinking the exact same thing.  A) Cold and flu season is going to not be fun with a kid in the school system B) Keeping Brady out of the direct fire for another year while he's still trying to catch up with weight and overall health is a really good idea and C) Good God I pray Blake doesn't bring home nasty nasty bugs that Brady catches and un-do all the progress Brady has made.  Ugh.
If you need me Monday, Wednesday or Friday afternoons through the school year, I'll be either washing my kids' hands or pouring Clorox over the entire house or burning the clothes Blake wore to school. 


No comments:

Blog Archive