Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Out smarted.

I heart Pinterest for all the amazing ideas I find on there.  I also hate it for the same reason, but that's another post.  I saw an idea on there for our car ride to the beach, to gift wrap a bunch of little presents (think dollar store) for the kiddos to unwrap along the way, to encourage good behavior and to keep them busy to help the time pass.  Loved this idea.  We didn't need our buckets-o-fun on the ride to the beach since most of the trip the boys were sleeping.  But on the way back home, they were awake the majority of the trip, so out came the buckets.  They were a huge hit and I was patting myself on the back for being mom of the year.  And then...
Papa was "manning" the buckets, distributing the gifts as needed.  And then Papa took a phone call and the boys knew he was distracted. Smart and perceptive these boys are.  Some how they were able to reach their buckets and it was like Christmas morning in that car with wrapping paper flying in the air.  Tearing through present after present.  And I couldn't stop them.  I just stared at them laughing my booty off.  Buckets-o-fun not as effective when opened ALL AT ONCE!  But the boys were still ridiculously good the rest of the trip.  So good in fact, we'll be taking another LOOOONG road trip with them later in the year!  

The buckets that I spent so much time on and that were destroyed in seconds!

No comments:

Blog Archive