Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Exhale

Ahhhh...I feel like I can breathe again. Today was the first time in a little less than a week I haven't become violently ill due to my ridiculous anxiety. What, too much information? Friday finally brought some answers and my sweet Brady does not have CF and his biopsy results came back normal. The only piece of abnormal test results was Brady's blood work testing his immunities, which showed Brady's isn't working as it should and is now on preventative antibiotics indefinitely. Not exactly sure what these results all mean and what it means for us going forward, but its part of the answer and I feel like we can start moving forward. We'll meet with the doctor the week after Christmas to talk about it all, but in the mean time, I'm done with the worries. Okay, I'm sure I'll worry, I'm a natural worrier, but I'll keep it in check at least. I feel like today was the first time in awhile that I just enjoyed the moment instead of having the what if's start to swirl in my brain and think about what may happen in the future. Enjoy the present. I need to do more of this and I really and truly did that today. Today was a perfect day to me and it didn't involve anything grand or extravagant, just a day the four of us spent together, laughing, snuggling, being happy. We spent the entire morning with music on dancing around the house. Even Brady has a killer sense of rhythm for being a 14 month old and was breaking it down! It was while I was watching the boys with smiles on their faces, dancing back and forth, that I realized how truly blessed I am and I let out a large exhale. Life is good. Enjoy the present, because it is truly a gift.

No comments:

Blog Archive