Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Good Times

I've had the most fun in one weekend that I've had in quite a while. I think all of us did. All week long I had promised Blake we could bake Christmas cookies together on Saturday. And I promised myself all week long that I'd not lose my patience in the process. Blake had SO much fun and I loved watching him have so much fun. The cookies did not look pretty, I mean you can't even tell what the shapes are supposed to be, but what do you expect when you let a 2.5 year old do all the work?!
After cookie fun and nap, we loaded up and went to Frisco for a hot air balloon lighting and Christmas light viewing. Of course Blake still has his obsession for hot air balloons and he could not have been any more excited. He loved it and again I LOVED getting to see him light up with excitement. They let you get up right next to the balloons and when the fire would go off, Brady would cry he was so scared, poor thing!




I mentioned in an earlier post about that really cool house set to music. Well, that makes me laugh how excited I got over that. The entire Frisco Square was covered in lights and set to music. It was so flippin cool! It was hard to snap a picture of the lights and this is the best one I got which is not good at all.
After lights we headed to Mr. Gatti's and ate pizza and played games and met Santa. Because why wouldn't Santa be at Mr. Gatti's?!

Then it was Sunday. Our grown up day of fun. One of my best friends works for the Dallas Cowboys. Brad and I are big time fans but had never been to the new stadium because our cheapness trumps our love of the team. I mentioned to Diana earlier in the week how we hadn't had the privelage of going to the new stadium and she couldn't believe she had never taken us. So she GRACIOUSLY invited Brad and I out for Sunday's game, the last home game of the season. She gave us a tour around the ridiculously amazing stadium and then we had the luxury of watching the game in her suite. I told her that now I don't have to get Brad anything for Christmas!!

I know I'm a huge dork for taking this picture and now posting it, but seriously the whole day was complete VIP treatment, including our parking spot. I had to take a picture of it because we were only a few steps from the entrance.
Diana worked her booty off the last several years to help with the completion of this incredible stadium. What does she have to show for it? Her own brick on the sidewalk. I thought it was super cool.
Diana took us back into the offices that are located in the stadium and there was a replica of the stadium they used as a marketing tool before the stadium was built. Again, thought it was kind of cool, so had to snap a pic.
And the rest speak for themselves...



2 comments:

Mark and Kristin said...

AMAZING! And you look gorgeous.

Kristen said...

Great pictures of the stadium and awesome pics of you and Brad. Diana was so sweet to hook y'all up!!

Blog Archive