Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Saga Continues

I feel like I am in a constant state of worry with Brady. Is he eating enough? Drinking enough? Is he gaining weight? What is that rattle in his chest about? Yada yada yada. I've been worrying about today for the last week or so and I'm glad its behind me... so I can start worrying about the next test. This morning was Brady's endoscopy to get a look down his esophagus into his tummy into his upper intestine. The gastro didn't necessarily think we'd find anything but we had to rule out possible issues that is keeping Brady from growing. Have I mentioned that I love Children's? This morning went so smoothly, thanks in large part to the doctors and staff and they showed so much care for my sweet boy. He left the hospital with a Winnie the Pooh book, Eeyore stuffed animal and fireman hat. Brady had no issues during or after the procedure. The doctor didn't see anything that looked abnormal but did take several biopsies to be sure there is nothing going on behind the scenes. Yesterday we had a follow up appointment with the pulmonologist. He is at the point now where he's joined my camp of "I'm very concerned about his lack of weight gain". He's also concerned about Brady's constant respiratory issues, which he's in the midst of another sinus infection and not ever fully recovering from them. He gave me orders to have Brady's blood drawn during his procedure this morning so he wouldn't be conscious for the blood stick. Brady appreciated that!! He is checking Brady's immune system to look all at his antibodies, etc to see if his immune system is not doing what it needs to be doing. Those results along with the biopsies will be back in about a week. You know what I'll be doing over the next week?? Worrying. Then he mentioned the words I really am scared of that I thought I didn't need to worry about any more. Cystic Fibrosis. Even though I was tested and didn't show to be a carrier, the blood test apparently only tests for about 75% of the abnormalities and there is still a chance Brady could have it. I am waiting a call from Children's tomorrow or Friday to schedule that test. More worrying. Aside from the worrying I'll be loving on this guy lots and lots. He is such a cutie pie!


1 comment:

Mark and Kristin said...

Mark and I will be praying that everything is ok. I had no idea that carrier test was only covered 75%. What the hell?! Sorry you are having to go through this scare again.

Blog Archive