Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, December 6, 2010

Gratitude

Brad and I really, desperately need a babysitter. The problem is we just don't know of anyone. My parents are the only sitters we've got and with all that my mom's gone through and continues to, we just don't have the luxury of calling them up on a whim to watch the boys. Brad and I haven't had a night away together, just the two of us, even for just a dinner, since July. On top of that we've been going through such incredible stress, its been hard (understatement) not to have a break away from it all and reconnect as husband and wife. I missed my husband. A lot. So when my parents called me at work on Friday to tell me they wanted to keep the boys this weekend, it was like we had just won the lottery. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with the boys, especially on the weekend without the stresses of the work week, but I needed to have that time with Brad too, to remember the husband of mine that doesn't involve me crying to him every day about Brady and my job.
Saturday morning we FINALLY got Blake's hair cut and then headed to Grandma & Papa's. We played and then put them down for their naps and then Brad and I started our date weekend, which involved shopping, dinner and a movie...just lots of quality time together which was just what the doctor ordered for me. I spent the first night in a long time not worrying about Brady or the stresses in my life, just enjoying the time with my best friend.
The boys had the best weekend ever themselves. After nap on Saturday they went to Northpark to look at the Trains, ate dinner at Sonny Bryan's and drove around looking at Christmas lights. Sunday morning they went to the new Children's aquarium at Fair Park. We walked in Sunday afternoon and Blake did a running jump into my arms (best feeling ever) and went a hundred miles an hour telling Brad and I about his super duper fun weekend. So sweet and so cute.
I am incredibly grateful to my parents for giving Brad and I the gift of time together and for being such amazing grandparents to our boys. We are grateful to have them in our lives, that is for sure!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I had a car, no curfew and no diper doodie, I would help out.

Blog Archive