Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Friday, April 6, 2012

Besties

Hard to believe its been over a year ago since I pulled the boys out of their school to stay at home.  Blake was attached to the hip with his little girlfriend Sophie and they've only seen each other a handful of times since last March.  The last couple of times Blake has seen Sophie he was pretty shy and reserved and was happier hanging with his bud Brady.  So, when Sophie's mom e-mailed and asked if we'd be interested to hit the zoo together today, I was in and hoped Blake would give her a little warmer of a reaction.  


OMG.  They were SO sweet!  Sophie and Blake greeted each other with a hug and became more and more sweet on each other as the day went along.  They held hands and she would let go eventually and Blake would say, "You have to hold my hand!"  Besties back together again.  Pure sweetness.





We went into a little area where you can feed the birds.  Sophie's mom bought the kids a little cup to feed the birds and we started to go in the "cage area".  One lady walked out and said, "That was awesome, you will love it!  They even land on your arms and head!"  Not what a person with a bird phobia wants to hear.  I hung out near the back where the door was, because yes, I'm RIDICULOUS and the kids were loving watching the birds up close and getting to feed them.  No fear.  Yes, my almost four year old is braver than this almost 31 year old.  Ugh.  Also, there were lots of bees out so I got to have that fear in full effect as well.  When there were several bees hanging out on the stroller by the handle, I seriously thought for a minute that I could just leave the stroller behind. (kids were not in the stroller!!!) I have issues.  
And just have to end with a picture of my sweetest little doodle bug! And once the carousel ended 60 seconds after this happy picture was taken, melt down city trying to get off.  *sigh*
 No less than five minutes into our car ride home, both boys were passed out.  Such a fun day! 

No comments:

Blog Archive