Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Monday, April 30, 2012

Phase 2 Complete

I stayed up after the kids went to sleep last Tuesday and painted for FOUR straight hours to finish up the painting part of the kitchen makeover.  I kept saying to myself, you can stop when you get to x point but then the thought of stretching this on another day or even days, pushed me to just get it all done.  Whew!  And the verdict??  LOVE.  I'm in love.  It is so light and bright and just beautiful.  In my opinion anyways.  I love how our existing hardware really pops against the white cabinets now.  It's making us itch to get the lighting portion done.  All with time though.  I kind of need a breather for a minute.  Seriously don't know how some of these bloggers do DIY projects every.single.day.  

Once again, here is a before shot of our kitchen:



And here is a shot after the counters and backsplash were done:


And here is a shot after the cabinets/island base were done:

And by the by, I went back and forth about a hundred times if I should go with a single bowl vs. double bowl sink.  The single prevailed in the end and I'm SO glad.  I love having one giant sink that I can fit all pans in.  Love.  It was so refreshing to come back after being gone the weekend to this bright and pretty space. 


And here is our updated list:

Countertops
Backsplash
Sand Cabinets
Degloss Cabinets
Prime Cabinets
Paint Cabinets
Paint Frames and Island Base
Remove fluorescent lighting/patch ceiling
Add canned lighting
Add pendant light
Add Under cabinet lighting
Decorations for walls/top shelf of cabinets, etc
Bar stools for island (forgot this on last list)
New wall color???

No comments:

Blog Archive