Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Holiday Reflections and Thanks

Our holiday weekend celebrating Passover and Easter has come to an end.  With any holiday, you tend to reflect back and give thanks to all the blessings in your life.  This weekend has been no different.  Our family has been through hell and back with Brady's health issues.  Along the way I've allowed myself to break down at times, but for the most part I held my self together because that's what you do when you're a parent.  You stay strong and keep on truckin' for your kids' sake.  And now, that thankfully we've had several months of really great health for Brady, I have thought back on all we have gone through.  Out of all the tests, hospital stays, health scares and worry along the way, the single scariest and worst few moments of my life was when I held Brady in my arms, not breathing and he turned blue and his entire body went limp in my arms.  The look in Brady's eyes during that moment, I just will never be able to shake it.  I am crying as I'm typing this just thinking about that moment.  
But God's will was not to let Brady go.  Brad was there and saved Brady's life.  Just let me repeat that, Brad SAVED OUR SON'S LIFE.  My love has certainly grown over the thirteen years we've been together.  My love for Brad grew exponentially when I saw him holding Blake for the first time and more and more each day, witnessing the kind of father he is to our two boys and the kind of husband he is to me.  But there is love that is beyond words for the one that saved your baby's life.  This holiday weekend, I am grateful, I am blessed, to be the wife of such a special man and the mom of TWO amazing boys. 

What a perfect picture for our family.  At our Passover Seder, Brady holding an Easter egg!

No comments:

Blog Archive