Keeping Up with the Joneses

Keeping Up with the Joneses
Photo by Kristin Dunn Photography

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Makeover Update

Our mini kitchen makeover is taking for-ev-errrrr!  But slow and steady wins the race, right?  RIGHT?!  Having two small kiddos has made the do it yourself part of this project take a lot longer than originally anticipated.  But its coming along.  And I can not wait until our kitchen is put back in order.  There are things from the cabinets all sitting out on the counter tops and I can't stand the mess.  I'm over it!!  My parents graciously kept the boys the majority of the weekend so we could knock a bunch of the painting out.  And I'm so happy to report all cabinet doors and drawers are DONE!  The only painting left is the frames and island base, but I'm about half way done with that.  And, its something I can work on at night after the kids are asleep.  If I can muster the energy.  Praying I can call the painting part COMPLETE within the next few days.  Once I get the inside painting finished and doors rehung, I will post another picture.  Here is our list of items to complete for the kitchen project and what we still have left to tackle....



Countertops
Backsplash
Sand Cabinets
Degloss Cabinets
Prime Cabinets
Paint Cabinets
Paint Frames and Island Base
Remove fluorescent lighting/patch ceiling
Add canned lighting
Add pendant light
Add Under cabinet lighting
Decorations for walls/top shelf of cabinets, etc
New wall color???

My good lookin hubby in painting mode

And we took full advantage of the boys being at Grandma and Papa's last night and went out for a late dinner and drinks.  Self portrait.

Date nights are good.  As Viki from RHOC would say, my love tank is full.   

1 comment:

Blog Archive